- R.F Wittmeyer
- October 10, 2018
On November 6, 2018, you once again will have the opportunity to vote in a general election. On the ballot this year are several judicial offices. The judicial evaluation process is an in depth and impartial assessment of each judicial candidate.
Cook County Judicial Elections
In Cook County, here is the process that is followed.
- First, each candidate is asked to file a detailed disclosure form of approximately 20 pages.
- Then an investigator is assigned to each candidate, who contacts random people listed and not listed on the candidate’s disclosure form and gathers information about the candidate’s background, legal knowledge and skills, integrity, and demeanor.
- Next a panel of 10 to 15 lawyers review the disclosure form, the investigator’s report, and conduct an in person interview of each judicial candidate.
- From being involved in this process, I can tell you that the candidates, investigators, and panelists take this process seriously.
- The panel then makes a recommendation.
As you can see from the recommendations, not all judicial candidates are considered qualified to hold the important office of judge.
Please take this opportunity to access the judicial evaluations available from the Illinois State Bar Association, and use them to cast an informed ballot for your/our judges in this upcoming judicial election on November 6, 2018. Thank you.
Additionally, if you or anyone you know needs to contact a personal injury lawyer, contact the Law Offices of R.F. Wittmeyer, Ltd. today for a free consultation!