• Personal Injury Law

    Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Filing an Insurance Claim for a Home Health Aide

Filing an Insurance Claim for a Home Health AideFollowing an accident or injury, many people need extra help caring for themselves. Some have family members who’re available to provide that support. But many need the assistance of a home health aide.


When You Need Extra Help


Health insurance sometimes covers the cost of home health aides, but you may have high co-pays or only be reimbursed for a portion of the expense. If you have a personal injury claim, you may be able to have insurance pay for the home health aide. If you need extra help while you recover, here’s what you should know about filing a claim for a home health aide.


Compensation for Your Losses


Personal injury claims can cover a variety of damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Medical bills can include anything from emergency room visits to therapy to the cost of orthotic devices. Generally speaking, if your doctor says you need a particular treatment or therapy to recover from your injuries, you can ask for compensation for those costs.


A home health aide is someone who comes to your home if you are unable to leave and helps you with things like therapy exercises, administering medications, and self-care.


Whether or not the insurance company will compensate you for the costs of a home health aide will depend on the extent of your injuries, the treatment regimen your doctor prescribed, and whether you need an aide to help you.


Insurance Claims


In some cases, insurance companies will pay for home health aides if it means they do not have to pay for you to be in an inpatient setting. The costs of a hospital room or inpatient rehabilitation clinic are far more than the cost of a home health aide. In others, the insurance company might fight such a claim to compensation if it believes you do not need an aide to follow your specific treatment regime.


If your auto insurance policy doesn’t cover a home health aide, speak with an experienced Illinois personal injury attorney. An attorney can explain your right to compensation and help you work with the insurance company to get you the help you need to recover.


If you’ve been in an accident, Arlington Heights personal injury attorney Ronald F. Wittmeyer can help. With more than 30 years experience practicing plaintiffs’ personal injury law, we can fight aggressively on your behalf. Serving the Northwest suburbs including Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Palatine, and surrounding areas, the Law Offices of R.F. Wittmeyer, Ltd. helps level the playing field against major insurance companies and corporations. If you’ve been injured or involved in an accident, call our office at (847) 357-0403 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation with one of our highly qualified Arlington Heights personal injury attorneys. The sooner we can learn about your case and your needs, the more effective we can be at recovering fair and adequate compensation for your losses.








About the Firm

Ronald F. Wittmeyer, Jr. practices plaintiffs' personal injury law at his office in Arlington Heights, Illinois.

About Ron


The Law Offices of R.F. Wittmeyer, LTD
"Mr. Wittmeyer and staff are very knowledgeable, honest, and friendly to deal with. They will answer your questions and help you get the representation you need and deserve. They are very experienced and thorough with the cases they handle."

Client of Ron Wittmeyer
5 / 5 stars

More Testimonials