• Personal Injury Law

    Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

How Will My Medical Expenses Be Paid After My Car Accident?

I was injured in an accident and I submitted my claims to my health insurance company. I received a letter from them asking if another party was at fault that said they may not pay my claims. How will my medical expenses be paid?

First of all, if you have health insurance, you should submit all of your medical expenses from your accident to your health insurance company for payment. Your health insurance provider will be responsible for paying your medical expenses just like they would in any other instance. Then, in most cases, your health insurance company has a right of reimbursement out of any recovery you make against an at-fault third party.

If your health insurance company is threatening to withhold payment, share that with your attorney so he can contact the insurer and get them the information and documentation they may require to go ahead and process your claim. This sometimes takes a little convincing, because at times, insurance companies just don’t want to pay legitimate claims. Your personal injury lawyer will also negotiate and litigate with your health insurance company, and any other medical lien holders in order to reduce those claims against your recovery, and thereby maximize your net recovery.

About the Firm

Ronald F. Wittmeyer, Jr. practices plaintiffs' personal injury law at his office in Arlington Heights, Illinois.

About Ron


The Law Offices of R.F. Wittmeyer, LTD
"Mr. Wittmeyer and staff are very knowledgeable, honest, and friendly to deal with. They will answer your questions and help you get the representation you need and deserve. They are very experienced and thorough with the cases they handle."

Client of Ron Wittmeyer
5 / 5 stars

More Testimonials