Congratulations to our 2019-2020 scholarship recipient; Colby Costa!
The Law Offices of R.F. Wittmeyer Ltd. is pleased to be offering the 2021 R.F. Wittmeyer Community Service Scholarship to recognize and reward students that do their best to serve their community. While our main focus is serving our clients, we believe that community service is admirable and not recognized as often as it should be. That’s why we started this scholarship to help students who have been serving their community to pursue a higher education that will equip them to continue to serve for years to come.
Our firm is proud to offer this $1,000 scholarship to a high school senior, college student or graduate student who has shown a commitment to community service and is pursuing a higher education at a 2-5 year post-secondary institution or will be doing so in the following semester, while also meeting the following eligibility requirements:
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two to five year post-secondary institution for the 2021 fall semester (“Qualifying Institution”).
- Employees of Law Offices of R.F. Wittmeyer, Ltd., their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1,000 word essay response to the prompt: What community service activities have you been involved in and why are you dedicated to your community? Please mention at least one organization you have worked with in the past, are currently working with, or plan to work with in the future.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit either an official or unofficial transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as their most recent official transcript from their prior school.
The recipient of the R.F. Wittmeyer Community Service Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to [email protected] by June 30th, 2021. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “R.F. Wittmeyer Community Service Scholarship Application”, followed by the applicants first initial and last name.
Example: R.F. Wittmeyer Community Service Scholarship – SJones
For questions, please email [email protected]
By submitting an application, all applicants give permission to the Law Offices of R.F. Wittmeyer, Ltd. to post the essay that is part of the application on the Law Offices of R.F. Wittmeyer, Ltd.’s website.
Students that feel obligated to give back to their communities, either from a deep-rooted desire to help their fellow man, or to give back to a community that has helped them, are often not given enough credit or recognition for the important work they do. Although we will only be choosing one scholarship recipient, we want all applicants to know that their work is noticed and appreciated by the Law Offices of R.F. Wittmeyer, Ltd. Thank you for your service to your community and your state, and good luck in your future endeavors.